Whitehawk 1-3 Enfield Town

The Hawks were dealt a blow to their chances of survival on Saturday after a 3-1 win at home against playoff chasing Enfield Town.

The visitors started the game in the best possible way with Kezie Ibe tapping in after 2 minutes after connecting with a long throw. Whitehawk responded well to going behind with decent chances coming from Duane Ofori-Acheampong and Nathaniel Pinney and eight minutes before the break the latter scored after being played in well by Lucas Rodrigues to keep the score level at half time.

The first half was fairly balanced and the second half was a similar story, though the Hawks had the majority of the chances, the best of which again coming from Duane Ofori-Acheampong and Nathaniel Pinney, but the game changed after 62 minutes after Enfield defender Mickey Parcell was shown a second yellow card after colliding with Hawks keeper Melvin Minter. This seemed to spur on the Towners and they brilliantly took the lead just over ten minutes later with Joe Payne, on his debut, scoring a well struck curling effort. Nine minutes from time, the game was effectively over with league top-scorer Billy Bricknell drilling home from 20 yards out. The Hawks did respond well and keeper Matt Nolan made a fantastic save to deny Sinn’Kaye Christie from 3 yards out. Substitute Jason Williams could have also pulled one back, though Nolan again saved well.

Hawks: Minter, Walsh, Goode, Ambroisine, Christie, Rodrigues, Kissock, Ofori-Acheampong, Muggeridge ©, Marsh-Brown (Deda 82’), Pinney (Williams 82’) – Subs Not Used: Tighe, Watson, Ebuzoeme

Towners: Nolan, Parcell, Porter, Hatton, Weatherstone, Payne, Mulley, Johnson, Bricknell (Rumens 83’), Ibe (Faal 70’), Youngs (Taaffe 31’) – Subs Not Used: Davison, Greene

Goals: Ofori-Acheampong 37’ (Whitehawk); Ibe 2’, Payne 75’, Bricknell 81’ (Enfield)

Yellow Cards: Rodrigues, Kissock, Marsh-Brown (Whitehawk); Parcell (Enfield)

Red Card: Parcell (Enfield)

Attendance: 325

Hawks Man of the Match – Duane Ofori-Acheampong